- Jan. 2016
From now on Weather API delivers the very first five weather parameters of the hourly forecast:
- air temperature
- wind speed
- wind gust
- air pressure
- dew point temperature
What is it about?
The Weather API is a weather data service — it allows you to get weather data for every location on earth.
This weather data can be either observation data (actual measured weather) or forecast data. The weather forecast you get is computed by MeteoGroup's innovative weather forecast system.
How does it work?
The central concept of the Weather API is a HTTP request, specified by its parameters. You as a consumer send a request and receive a response containing the weather information.
- The type of request determines what kind of weather information you get, whether you want to get actual observed data or a weather forecast.
- With the request parameters you specify, for example, for which location you receive the data for.
- The data you receive is formatted as a JSON and contains weather parameters like air temperature or rain probability.
How to use it?
Please see our API documentation on GitHub for technical details.
How do I get access?
The API usage is exclusively granted to authenticated users. To obtain these credentials please kindly use our contact form.
What does it cost?
During our beta phase, the pricing model is not fixed. To obtain your individual offer please kindly use our contact form.
- Nov. 2015
- Restricted the access to the API, for the development there are free keys available, send a request via contact form.
- Oct. 2015
- Introduced resolving of time zone information for any requested location on earth
- Sep. 2015
- Launch of the Weather API and simply providing dummy data (because we breathe lean software development)